Mason Bird is facing multiple charges.
A 31-year-old man from Montreal Lake has been charged in connection with a break-in to a home in Melfort/
Mason Ian Bird, 31, of Montreal Lake is also facing multiple theft-related charges.
He was apprehended by Melfort RCMP on November 11 and appeared in Provincial Court on November 12. He has been remanded into custody.
Through investigation, Bird has been charged with the following offences:
– Fail to Comply with Release order – Section 145(5)(a) Criminal Code x4
– Fail to Comply with Probation – Section 733.1(1) Criminal Code x3
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Section 354(1)(a) Criminal Code
– Mischief Under $5000 – Sec 430(4) Criminal Code
– Theft of Motor Vehicle – Sec 333.1(1) Criminal Code
– Break and Enter into a Residence – Sec 348(1)(a) Criminal Code
– Theft Under $5000 – Section 334(b) Criminal Code
– Possession Stolen Credit Cards – Section 342(1)(c) Criminal Code
Bird appeared before Melfort Provincial Court on November 12, 2020 and was remanded to November 19, 2020 at 9:30am at Melfort Provincial Court.
If anyone has any information about recent thefts, please contact the Melfort RCMP at (306)752-6420 or Crimestoppers at 1 (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
In recent weeks, Melfort RCMP has seen an increase in complaints of theft’s and property crime and is reminding the public to make sure that all buildings and vehicles are locked and any valuables are secure and out of site.
Please report any suspicious activity by calling 911 or 310-RCMP.
This investigation is ongoing.